GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
Did you know that studies have found that a diet rich in whole grain can be helpful in maintaining a healthy heart, managing weight and may also reduce the risk for diabetes and certain types of cancer?
Only whole grain gives you the vital nutrients from the complete grain. In addition to fiber, whole grain contains antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients important for a healthy diet.
Every day, General Mills’ Big G Cereals – which include Cheerios, Fiber One, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Chex, Total and Lucky Charms – deliver 35 million servings of whole grain to Americans. General Mills makes it easy to find whole grains, just look for the white check on the top of every Big G cereal box for your whole grain guarantee.
In a national survey, 91 percent of Americans said they want to incorporate more whole grain foods into their diets. In fact, nine out of 10 people in the U.S. still do not eat the minimum recommended daily amount of whole grain (at least three servings, or 48 grams). I love veggies and I eat a lot of fiber but I’m not so sure I’m gettin’ my fiber in either.
Take the Whole Grain Awareness Challenge at Eat Better America and see how much you know about those healthy whole grains!
I am a cereal-a-holic. I love ’em all. Thank Goodness I love the healthy ones as much as the sweetened ones. But trust me when I tell ya I could polish off a box in a day or 2 with no problems! That’s why I am so glad that General Mills announced a commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12 to single-digit grams of sugar per serving last month. The company has already been reducing sugar in cereals while increasing key nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, and providing whole grain. We just don’t need all that sugar in a food that is so beloved by kids and adults alike!
I was Blessed to received the “Grains of Goodness” Prize Package for review below!
- 2 VIP coupons for Big G cereal products
- A breakfast chiller
- A large cereal mug
- A tote bag
I love my tote bags, which are kept in my trunk for ‘green’ shopping. If they are there I won’t be forgettin’ them. So convenient. 🙂
Did you see the size of that “cereal mug?” I’m using mine for coffee, uhmmm when Hubby hasn’t stolen it for his nightly ice cream habit! You will also receive 2 VIP coupons for ANY General Mills Cereal up to $6. Woo Hoo! That’s HUGE!
The Breakfast Chiller is Fabu. You can have your breakfast at work, school, on vacation, in the park or wherever! It has a removable ice ring that keeps milk or yogurt cold. There’s an inner cup to hold your dairy. A dry storage cup for cereal (holds 1.5 cups too!) and a cold storage bowl for fruit! The lid has a foldable spoon in the lid. Cute, right?!
If You’d like to get those whole grains in easy peasy, start with a General Mills Big G Cereals Breakfast.
Click HERE to get coupons to save $1.00 on your favorite Big G Cereals
The generous folks at General Mills and MyBlogSpark are going to Bless ONE Leslie Loves Veggies Reader with a “Grains of Goodness Prize Pack like the one pictured above! Thanks so much!
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Tell me what your favorite General Mills (Big G) Cereal is? (1 entry)
2. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Me on Blogger (1 entry)
5. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
6. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
7. Tell me how are you incorporating whole grains into your diet? (1 entry)
8. If you could create a healthful and nutritious whole grain cereal, what ingredients would you include? (1 entry) YUMMERS!
9. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
10. Add my main button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (1 entry)
11. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! LEAVE YOUR EMAIL IN YOUR COMMENT SO I CAN REACH YOU IF YOU WIN! For full list of rules please read HERE. Giveaway will end on Wednesday 3/10. U.S. entrants only. Many thanks to General Mills and MyBlogSpark for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The information, VIP coupons and two “Grains of Goodness” prize packs (the coupons, chiller, mug, and tote bag) were all provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark