GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
SpitJack was founded three years ago from a passion for food and cooking with fire. While taking in the pleasures of wood burning in their home fireplace, the founders of SpitJack wondered if they could extend the experience by using the open flames for cooking. After much research and discovery, they found some very practical, safe, and affordable tools to use and were soon enjoying rotisserie and grilled meats right from their home fireplace.
Since then SpitJack has expanded this concept and practice to the warmer seasons and the outdoors. By introducing firepit cooking systems, professional/competition quality grills and BBQ smokers, portable rotisseries and whole animal rotisseries, their catalog now gives you a way to cook with fire all year ’round. Their accessories like knives, dinner bells, specialty gloves and wood splitting equipment provide you everything you need to prepare and complete your fire cooking experience.
I was Blessed to receive a Batard Folding Bread & Picnic Knife to review!! This knife is what the French call fait tout, meaning it does just about everything. Not only will it slice crusty breads, the Bâtard (named after the French bread loaf) folding picnic knife will cut cheese, salami, roast chicken – virtually anything you can bring on a picnic. And since you can’t have a picnic without wine, there’s a built-in corkscrew.
Every picnic basket needs one of these but you can also use it for tailgating, on your boat or RV, stashed in your car’s glove compartment or your suitcase for travel (be careful not to carry-on).
Don’t let this picture deceive you – this is not a pocket knife. It is a full 13″ when open and has a 6″ blade. It’s as heavy as a 10″ chef’s knife!
This knife is designed by Charlie van Over, restaurateur and author of The Best Bread Ever and manufactured by LamsonSharp. Price – $25.00
Yes, Hubby and I do go on picnics but I have to be honest, we never bring wine. So, the corkscrew function on this might just have to be saved for home. I wanted to save this for Father’s Day, but when Hubby the Hubster saw the box he tore into it like a fiendish bandit! I told him to be careful, this is NOT a toy! He picked it up and actually fondled it! What is it with Men and knives!
This is a gorgeous knife. It comes in a beautiful, sturdy gift box that’s suitable for storage. It’s super sharp and cuts through bread like buttah! That’s because it’s serrated and super sharp! My advice is to take some time to get acquainted with your knife if you’re not familiar with a folding knife. ME? Yes, I’m familiar with a folding knife. 😉
When opened the Batard Folding Bread & Picnic Knife feels nice and balanced in my hand. I was a little surprised that there are no cleaning directions that accompany the knife. I can’t find any on the website either. I’m going to wipe the blade with a hot soapy cloth and rinse the blade portion only in HOT water.
What a fabulous Father’s Day Gift this makes! I’ll be using this a lot… when I can pry it out of Hubby the Hubster’s paws!
Be sure to stop by SpitJack and check out all their offerings! It’s a great day for a cook out! 🙂
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please visit SpitJack shop around then tell me a few products you would Love to try! (1 entry)
2. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Me on Blogger (1 entry)
5. Like Leslie Loves Veggies on Facebook (2 separate entries)
6. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
7. Follow spitjack on Twitter (1 entry)
8. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
9. Like SpitJack on Facebook (1 entry)
10. Sign up for the SpitJack Newsletter (2 separate entries)
11. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
12. Add my button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (1 entry)
13. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! LEAVE YOUR EMAIL IN YOUR COMMENT SO I CAN REACH YOU IF YOU WIN! For full list of rules please read HERE. Giveaway will end on Wednesday 6/9. U.S. & Canadian entrants only. Many thanks to for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. I was provided a product or sample for this Review & Giveaway.