We love peanut butter! The natural stuff is the best! I had never ever heard of an organic Coconut Peanut Butter though, until I became BFF’s with Tropical Traditions
All of their foods are either certified organic or meet quality standards that are equal to or higher than organic certification. This includes no GMOs. This is quite different from most health food stores, where you have to be “on your guard” as most of them offer conventional products right alongside organic products, because they want to offer a full selection of products to compete with regular grocery stores. Tropical Traditions would rather offer fewer products, and stick to their high standards, so that you can feel safe when shopping there.
I was Blessed to receive a jar of Organic Coconut Peanut Butter for review. Hmm.. No little boy from Neverland on the label! No choosy mother either! Wasn’t quite sure what I got myself into.
Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter is made from organic peanuts and organic coconut. Two ingredients: nothing else! No fillers, no binders, no sweeteners, and no preservatives.
The peanuts are 100% organic Valencia peanuts grown organically by family farmers in New Mexico and Texas. Grown in the dry climate of the southwestern United States, these peanuts are certified organic and free from aflatoxins. The dried coconut is certified organic coconut meat from the Philippines from coconuts that are grown with no fertilizers or pesticides. This premium dried coconut contains no additives or preservatives, and is not sweetened.
I grabbed our Peanut butter from the pantry (gulp)
- peanuts (at least they were fresh roasted) ha!
- Fully Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Dang it! Lord only knows I need to have that in my PB!)
- Mono and Diglycerides
Mind you this was not some cheapo brand of peanut butter! I’m a choosy mom after all! Aheeeem!
The taste of Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter is so much better than “store bought” because you’re really tasting the peanuts! My favorite way to enjoy is on a toasted light whole wheat english muffin for breakfast! So warm and melty and yummy good!
Just a heads up. In warm weather the oils will separate to the top of the jar and your PB might become a tad liquidy. If you refrigerate it will be very hard to spread! Just keep in a cool place out of direct light!
Here’s recipe I think you’ll enjoy using Organic Coconut Peanut Butter
- Bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, as needed
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter, as needed
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chop a wedge off of a 1 lb bar of chocolate.
Place the chocolate in a double boiler to melt, stir occasionally until smooth and completely melted. Remove bowl from heat and stir in vanilla extract and honey (if needed).
If your coconut peanut butter is solid, just place the jar in a bowl filled with hot water so it will become a runny consistency. Pour coconut peanut butter into a muffin pan lined with paper cups, just enough to make a bottom layer.
Spoon the chocolate into each paper cup (it’s the middle of your inside-out ‘coconut’ peanut butter cup).
Drizzle more coconut peanut butter over the top to seal the sweet deal on your “Inside-Out Coconut Peanut Butter Cups” and pop the pan into the freezer for just a few minutes so they can harden.
Peel the paper off, admire its beauty, and enjoy!
Recipe submitted by Tropical Traditions Customer Michelle, Diggins, MO
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please visit Tropical Traditions look around then tell me something you learned or a product you would LoVe to try! (1 entry)
2. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Leslie Loves Veggies with Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
5. Like Leslie Loves Veggies on Facebook (2 separate entries)
6. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
7. Follow Troptraditions on Twitter (1 entry)
8. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
9. Like Tropical Traditions on Facebook (1 entry)
10. Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter (2 separate entries)
11. Please visit FreeCoconutRecipes.com and tell me which recipe you can’t wait to try!
12. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
13. Add my button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (1 entry)
14. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! LEAVE YOUR EMAIL IN YOUR COMMENT SO I CAN REACH YOU IF YOU WIN IF YOUR BLOGGER PROFILE IS NOT PUBLIC! For full list of rules please read HERE. Giveaway will end on Tuesday 9/21. U.S. & Canadian entrants only. Winners are contacted by email and posted posted HERE when confirmed. Winners have 48 hours to confirm before a new Winner is chosen. Many thanks to Tropical Traditions for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.