GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
Wendell August Forge is America’s oldest and largest forge, producing hand-wrought ornamental metalware and elegant giftware in aluminum and other metals since 1923. The company was founded in Brockway, Pennsylvania by Wendell McMinn August, who, at age 38, was active in the coal industry. To read the History, Heritage and Tradition of Wendell August click HERE.
Visitors to Wendell August’s four stores will find a lovely array of traditional and contemporary metalware for heart and home, from affordable gifts to elegant designs and furnishings. More than 1,000 gift items are available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and designs, at prices ranging from under $10.00 to nearly $1,000.00. Many are complemented by colored glass and hand-painted designs. Christmas-themed gifts are particularly popular.
Today Wendell August Forge maintains the same painstaking dedication to heritage and history…to artistry and craftsmanship…to quality American made products…that propelled Wendell August to first open his forge in 1923.
I own a lot of glassware. I don’t, however have many metalware pieces. Now that I think of it, one of the few pieces I own is a gorgeous silver tea set my wonderful Mother-in-law left to me when she passed away. I treasure that set. So when I found Wendell August and perused their website for what seemed hours I was enchanted.
Their website is incredibly easy and fun to navigate because it’s categorized so nicely. You can shop by…
What’s New • Occasions • Designs • Themes • Function • Accessories
It’s easy to find exactly what you’re looking for!
I was Blessed to receive an Autumn 9 inch Square Tray for review. Is this fabulous or what?! One single copper maple seems to say hello Autumn! I don’t think you can see from the picture how rich with texture this piece is! Not only that, no two leaves are alike! When you run your hands over the tray you can feel each and every leaf. The detailing is just astonishing.
HOWEVER, when you turn the piece over, it’s smooth! I LOVE that. That means, when you place your gorgeous tray on your coffee or cocktail table you don’t have to worry about it scratching or marring your table. This is a piece that you’ll hand down from generation to generation. I will treasure this for years to come! Price ~ $50.00
Your aluminum and pewter Wendell August pieces may be rinsed in plain, warm water and gently wiped dry immediately with a soft cloth. Do not put through the dishwasher.
Your bronze, copper and sterling silver pieces should not be washed. This includes hand washing and in the dishwasher. These metals have a lacquer finish (to retard tarnishing) and water will penetrate the lacquer. These items should not be used for serving pieces, or as ashtrays, as the heat will penetrate the lacquer. Once the lacquer is penetrated, the item will tarnish (usually dark spots appear). You may dust these metals with a soft untreated cloth.
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please visit Wendell August look around then tell me an item you would LoVe to own! (1 entry)
2. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (2 separate entries)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Leslie Loves Veggies with Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
5. Like Leslie Loves Veggies on Facebook (1 entry)
6. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
7. Follow HandmadeInUSA on Twitter (1 entry)
8. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
9. Like Wendell August Forge on Facebook (1 entry)
10. Sign up to receive Wendell August Email updates (2 separate entries)
11. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
12. Add my NEW button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (5 separate entries)
13. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! For full list of rules please click HERE. Giveaway will end on Friday 11/12. Giveaway open to U.S. entries only. Winners are contacted by email and posted posted HERE when confirmed. Winners have 48 hours to confirm before a new Winner is chosen. Many thanks to Wendell August for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Wendell August provided a product or sample for this Review & Giveaway.