Founded in 1998, California Olive Ranch® is America’s largest grower and processor of olive oil, doing with California grown extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) what California wines did in the 1970’s in the wine industry. California Olive Ranch pioneered a relatively new, innovative farming method from Spain called “Super High Density Planting.” Using this system, over a million Spanish and Greek varietal olive trees grow in hedge rows 570-670 trees per acre vs. traditional plantings of 100-150 trees per acre.
High speed harvesting machines are used to rapidly pick the fruit in minutes what traditionally takes hours or days to do by hand then deliver it to their state-of-the art milling facilities. California Olive Ranch operates two state of the art milling facilities. All of their facilities are designed to produce an abundant supply of fresh, flavorful, aromatic EVOO. They also process fruit for more than 4,000 additional contracted acres.
California Olive Ranch’s 100% California grown EVOOs continually win medals in international competitions, including Best of Class honors, against some of the world’s best oils at such renowned competitions as the LA County Fair and International Olive Oil Competition.
I was Blessed to receive a bottle of Everyday California Extra Virgin Olive Oil for review. Olives are pressed within hours of harvest to seal in their distinctive fresh taste. When I use oil I like to use either canola or a really good olive oil. Olive oil really works well for my family because I use it to drizzle on fresh veggies and salads! Everyday California EVOO can be used in baking instead of butter. It works really well for cookies and cakes. Use in recipes; makes a fabulous mayo or salad dressing. I like to drizzle over my salad with great balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper.
- Delicate EVOO
- Fruity nose
- Smooth and buttery tongue
- Very slight peppery finish
We love fresh veggies but in the cold winter months I love to roast ’em too. I know it sounds crazy but roasting vegetables brings out the natural sweetness in them. I love this recipe. Yes it has twelve cloves of garlic! Like I said, roasting the garlic makes it almost sweet and mellows it out. I know you’re gonna love this recipe!
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
Recipe courtesy of
Viking Cooking Schools
- 1 head broccoli, washed and trimmed
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbs California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil and set aside.
- Cut broccoli into florets and slice stems into 1/8-inch disks. Spread broccoli and garlic cloves evenly over the foil. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat well.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir, and return to the oven to roast for 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please visit California Olive Ranch look around then tell me something you learned about California Olive Ranch or a product you would LoVe to try! (1 entry)
2. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (2 separate entries)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Leslie Loves Veggies with Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
5. Like Leslie Loves Veggies on Facebook (1 entry)
6. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
7. Follow CA_EVOO on Twitter (1 entry)
8. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
9. Like California Olive Ranch on Facebook (1 entry)
10. Sign up for the California Olive Ranch Mailing List (2 separate entries)
11. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
12. Add my NEW button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (5 separate entries)
13. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! For full list of rules please click HERE. Giveaway will end on Saturday 1/1. Giveaway open to U.S. entries only. Winners are contacted by email and posted posted HERE when confirmed. Winners have 48 hours to confirm before a new Winner is chosen. Many thanks to California Olive Ranch for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. California Olive Ranch provided a product or sample for this Review & Giveaway.