GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
Peas for Prosperity sells Black-eyed Peas in celebration of the Southern tradition of eating Black-eyed Peas on New Year’s Day for Good Luck and Prosperity. Their Peas come in stylish, eco-friendly, gift packaging and include a short history of the New Year’s tradition as well as a recipe for “Mom’s Famous Peas“.
Y’all know I LOVE COMPANIES THAT GIVE BACK! Peas for Prosperity is truly a company that’s heart and soul is giving back. Let me explain. Eighteen months ago, Christy Annnis, Founder of Peas for Prosperity walked away from Corporate America, determined to never go back. She was frustrated with corporate America and knew there was more! This ‘former’ Attorney created Peas for Prosperity in November 2009 as a way to land her dream job. She didn’t find her dream job…instead, she discovered a whole new life. She’s never looked back.
Peas for Prosperity donates a portion of the proceeds to charities that help people who need a second chance! They have a program called Peas to Paychecks. Christy works with several local Atlanta organizations (this is right in my neck of the woods) that serve the disadvantaged by employing program participants on a part-time, temporary basis to perform product packing, production, and assembly activities until they are able to secure full time employment. To read more click HERE.
I was Blessed to receive a Peas in a Bag with a Flower Pop for review. Did you know it’s a Southern tradition to eat Black-eyed Peas on New Year’s Day for Good Luck and Prosperity for the year ahead? It’s a tradition that dates back to Civil War times. Really! To read the full story click HERE.
Since becoming a vegetarian about 23 + years ago I’ve tried to serve Black-eyed Peas with collard greens on New Years Day! They are tasty and easy peasy to make! Many recipes call for tossing in a ham hock and using chicken stock but I use veggie broth and leave out the ham. I just add lots of extra spices and my beans are always really delish!
Peas in a Bag with a Flower Pop includes one pound of dried Black-eyed Peas packaged in a reusable, stylish Peas for Prosperity gift bag. All gift bags are made from unbleached cotton fabric and tied with red and white recycled “ribbon”. A recipe and the history of the Southern Tradition are included with each bag. Included is a Red Flower Accessory, made from natural coconut shell. This accessory is created by indigenous mountain tribes in the Philippines. The income generated from these items creates jobs for the tribes and is also funding a local foundation to provide them with services and meals. Your Flower Pop can be used as a necklace, bracelet, Christmas tree ornament, hair accessory, or belt buckle. Price ~ $10
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please visit Peas for Prosperity look around then tell me something you learned about Peas for Prosperity or a product or two you would LoVe to try! (1 entry)
2. Subscribe by Email and Confirm that Subscription (2 separate entries)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Leslie Loves Veggies with Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
5. Like Leslie Loves Veggies on Facebook (1 entry)
6. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
7. Follow peas4luck on Twitter (1 entry)
8. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
9. Like Peas for Prosperity on Facebook (1 entry)
10. Sign up for “The Weekly Pea” Newsletter ( 2 separate entries)
11. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
12. Add my NEW button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (5 separate entries)
13. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! For full list of rules please click HERE. Giveaway will end on Sunday 1/2. Giveaway open to U.S. entries only. Winners are contacted by email and posted posted HERE when confirmed. Winners have 48 hours to confirm before a new Winner is chosen. Many thanks to Peas for Prosperity for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Peas for Prosperity provided a product or sample for this Review & Giveaway.