GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
For over 75 years, Frito-Lay has been making their snacks from simple, good ingredients like corn, potatoes and vegetable oil. In 2011, approximately 50% of their products will be made with all natural ingredients. That means no artificial flavors, ingredients or preservatives and no MSG. Thanks Frito-Lay! I like that!
Back in the day when life was less rushed and times were simpler I seem to remember LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips were everyone’s chip of choice! Yup! I’m thinkin’ back to my childhood in the 60’s before baked chips, before I knew what a calorie was and I played all day and burned off every single chip calorie anyway 😉 Good times!
When I make dips and spreads, to go with our snacks I always try to keep the ingredients healthy! With so many fresh, low fat ingredients on the market it’s not hard! Creating low-fat healthy dips ‘n spreads can be fun! Psst.. most of the time your family won’t even be able to tell the difference between the full fat and the lower fat healthier toppings! Just experiment and have a blastola! 😉
I was Blessed to receive a $50 Gift Card so I could shop for some ingredients to create two healthier dip recipes to pair with some Frito-Lay snacks. My guys like snacks that hold a lot of dip! So I chose Baked! Tostitos® Scoops Tortilla Chips and Fritos® Scoops!® Corn Chips as my snacks of choice.
- BAKED! TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips Made with just three simple ingredients, Tostitos white corn. This tasty snack offers 8 grams of whole grains per serving!
- FRITOS® SCOOPS!® Corn Chips Made with just corn, healthier oil and salt, Fritos Scoops! have a delicious corn taste and an easy shape for scooping up your favorite dip.
Leslie’s Healthy Layered Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- Chopped tomatoes – grape tomatoes are my fave!
- Sliced black olives
- 16 oz can fat-free refried beans
- Salsa – I love the spicy kind!
- 4.5 oz. can chopped green chilies
- Fat free shredded cheddar cheese (low fat works too!)
Blend non-fat yogurt and taco seasoning mix and place in bottom of beautiful clear bowl. Top with chopped tomatoes, black olives, refried beans, salsa, green chilies, and cheddar cheese. Refrigerate and serve with BAKED! TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips
You know I never measure anything. add your toppings in the amounts that make you happy! 🙂
Creamy Red Pepper ‘n Tomato Tofu Dip
- 1 Package Silken Tofu
- 6 or 8 Sundried tomatoes (not the ones packed in oil)
- 1 or 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 2 or 3 big slices Roasted Red Peppers Jarred (drained)
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ginormous squeeze Fresh Lemon Juice, Lime works too!
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Capers (optional)
Toss ingredients in Blender and whirl. (Place in serving dish and top with capers and fresh cracked pepper if desired). Serve with FRITOS® SCOOPS!® Corn Chips. Yummy!
The generous folks at Frito-Lay are going to Bless ONE Leslie Loves Veggies Reader with a $100 Amex Gift Card and some bags of their popular chips so you can create some healthier dip ‘n chip pairings for your next party! Thanks so much!
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please visit Frito-Lay and tell me your favorite Frito-Lay product of all time. See a recipe you would Love to try? Let me know that too! 🙂 (1 entry)
2. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies by Email and Confirm that Subscription (2 separate entries)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Leslie Loves Veggies with Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
5. Like Leslie Loves Veggies on Facebook (1 entry)
6. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
7. Follow Frito-Lay N. America on Twitter (1 entry)
8. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
9. Like Frito-Lay on Facebook (1 entry)
10. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
11. Add my NEW button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (2 separate entries)
12. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! For full list of rules please click HERE. Giveaway will end on Wednesday 2/9. Giveaway open to U.S. entries only. Winners are contacted by email and posted posted HERE when confirmed. Winners have 48 hours to confirm before a new Winner is chosen. Many thanks to Frito-Lay for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Frito-Lay provided a product and prize for this Review & Giveaway.