DelGrosso Foods is America’s oldest major family-owned producer of pasta sauce, building on its beginnings in 1914 and an old-world immigrant’s secret recipe. As America’s “First Family of Pasta Sauce,” the DelGrossos have more recently created a specialty line of all natural, ultra-premium pasta sauces called La Famiglia DelGrosso. Made with whole peeled imported Italian plum tomatoes, imported Italian olive oil, and the finest, freshest ingredients available, each recipe from the La Famiglia DelGrosso lineup was created by a different member of the DelGrosso family and is a celebration of a particular holiday or family occasion.
La Famiglia DelGrosso has been featured in numerous national publications and TV programs, including Natural Health, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Every Day With Rachael Ray, Gourmet, NBC’S TODAY show, ABC’s The View, and the Food Network show Unwrapped.
I was Blessed to receive one of each La Famiglia DelGrosso Sauces for review.
I was so excited when my La Famiglia DelGrosso sauces arrived. My family loves Italian food. I make terrific sauce, but it’s time consuming and sometimes I like a little variety. I use pasta sauce for more than just pasta. I cook Hubby’s chicken and my faux ‘meats’ in sauce. We use sauce for dipping. I even love sauce over my veggies. La Famiglia DelGrosso sauces blew me away! There are eight varieties and all are vegetarian except for Uncle Jim’s Late Night Puttanesca, which Hubby the Hubster and Sweet Pea loved! Five of the varieties are vegan! Woot!
La Famiglia DelGrosso Sauces
- Aunt Cindy’s Sun-Dried Tomato Sonata – Sun-dried tomatoes add such a rich, concentrated tomato flavor to anything they touch. This thick, vegetarian sauce is great over pasta, veggies and in all your recipes!
- Aunt Linda’s Arrabiatta Memories – Y’all know I love my food highly seasoned. This sauce is a bit spicy and oh so yummy. It’s vegan too!
- Aunt Mary Ann’s Sunday Marinara – Purists will love this sauce! Psst, I am a Marinara lover! Aunt Mary Ann wasn’t kidding when she created this sauce. It’s all natural of course, gluten-free, vegan, kosher and sugar-free!
- Chef John’s Tomato Basil Masterpiece – I grow basil in my herb garden each summer. When it’s available I toss a few leaves into every thing. Basil imparts a clean, herbaceous, fresh taste to this sauce, that’s perfect for lasagna, ziti or eggplant parmigiana!
- Uncle Bo’s Roasted Red Pepper Tour – Slow roasted red peppers, fresh garlic and spices are the secret of this vegan sauce. I LOVE this in my Les’s Greenie Beanies recipe! It adds so much flavor I can hardly stand it! 🙂
- Uncle Fred’s Fireworks Sauce – Do you like veggies in your sauce? I do! Uncle Fred’s Fireworks Sauce is loaded with fresh zucchini, garlic and onions! This vegan sauce is outrageously delish!
- Uncle Jim’s Late Night Puttanesca – Hubby and Sweet Pea love this sauce! Mushrooms, capers, olives, onions, artichoke hearts, imported olive oil and Chablis wine are combined to create this hearty sauce that will stand up to any type of pasta.
- Uncle Joe’s Vodka Celebration – Oh dear Lord, this sauce is the Pièce de résistance! Uncle Joe’s Vodka Celebration is the sauce for your penne. It contains whole Italian plum tomatoes, special spices, cream and a splash of vodka. Perfect for a special dinner or celebration. (Thank goodness every night is a celebration at my house!)
Each recipe was created by a member of the DelGrosso family from a cherished family recipe. When you indulge in these sauces you can taste love, family and history. That’s because La Famiglia DelGrosso is the oldest major family-owned manufacturer of pasta sauce in the United States. Every sauce is all natural and gluten-free!
Stay tuned! ONE Leslie Loves Veggies Reader is going to win a Four Seasons All-Year Gift Pack!!
Give the best of La Famiglia DelGrosso all year-round. It’s the perfect gift for anyone who appreciates fine sauces for a range of occasions. Two gift packs, containing three jars each, will be sent in each season, ensuring your place in their thoughts at least four times a year.
- Winter: Arrabiata and Vodka – Shipped January 16, 2012
- Spring: Marinara and Tomato Basil – Shipped to Leslie Loves Veggies Reader upon winning!
- Summer: Sun Dried Tomato and Fireworks – Shipped July 15, 2011
- Fall: Red Pepper and Puttanesca – Shipped October 14, 2011
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please visit La Famiglia DelGrosso look around then tell me which La Famiglia DelGrosso sauce you can’t wait to try! Can you say Yum?! (1 entry)
2. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies by Email and Confirm that Subscription (2 separate entries)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Leslie Loves Veggies with Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
5. Like Leslie Loves Veggies on Facebook (1 entry)
6. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
7. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
8. Like La Famiglia DelGrosso on Facebook (1 entry)
9. Sign up for La Famiglia DelGrosso Email Updates (2 separate entries)
10. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
11. Add my NEW button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (2 separate entries)
12. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! For full list of rules please click HERE. Giveaway will end on Sunday 4/17. Giveaway open to U.S. & Canadian entries only. Winners are contacted by email and posted HERE when confirmed. Winners have 48 hours to confirm before a new Winner is chosen. Many thanks to La Famiglia DelGrosso for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. La Famiglia DelGrosso provided a product or sample for this Review & Giveaway.