The Best 30-Minute Vegetarian Recipes by Marie-Claude Morin
Publisher: Rose, Robert Incorporated
GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
I never get tired of vegetarian cookbooks! Each one offers something new and exciting, a chance to try a recipe I’ve never had the opportunity to before. I was super happy when The Best 30-Minute Vegetarian Recipes arrived! These recipes are easy to create, require about 30 minutes to prepare and don’t have a huge list of ingredients.
While I love exotic vegetarian cookbooks, once in a while I like to get back to basics with simple low fat, low sugar ingredients that, when combined create tempting meals my family just can’t resist. You know the kinds of foods I’m talking about? The familiar, comfort foods that everyone loves and craves, only veggie style and better for ya!
The Best 30-Minute Vegetarian Recipes contains 150 such recipes. You’ll find some familiar classics and a few new recipes that are destined to become favorites! Every recipe contains familiar, easily accessible ingredients, most of them probably in your pantry already. And unlike other cookbooks that contain nutritional stats with each recipe, you won’t find that in The Best 30-Minute Vegetarian Recipes. I like having the nutritional information in a cookbook, so that was really the only drawback I found with this beautifully illustrated cookbook.
Appetizers through desserts, this cookbooks is loaded with vegetarian recipes everyone will enjoy. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Onion Baguette Bites
- Corn Soup
- Tofu Soup
- Legume Salad
- Warm Potato Salad
- Spinach Quiche
- Pesto Pizza
- Blue Pasta
- Vegetable Curry
- Stuffed Peppers
- Eggplant with Tomato
- Lemon Pie
- Peanut Butter Cookies
Here’s a recipe for paella that’s quick, easy and super tasty! Hard to believe you can have it on the table in 30 minutes, but you can!
In 30 minutes you’ll enjoy the magnificent aroma of this vegetable paella.
1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
1 clove garlic, chopped
½ Spanish onion, chopped
20 fresh green beans
½ cup drained rinsed canned white beans 125 mL
½ cup frozen green peas 125 mL
15 leaves spinach, trimmed
2 tomatoes, diced (see Tips, left)
1 cup long-grain white rice 250 mL
2 cups vegetable broth 500 mL
½ tsp paprika 2 mL
Pinch saffron threads
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add green beans, carrot, white beans, peas, spinach and tomatoes and sauté for about 5 minutes or until carrots start to soften.
2. Stir in rice, broth, paprika and saffron and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently, without stirring, for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of liquid has been absorbed. At the end of cooking, you can remove the pan from the heat and cover the paella with a damp cloth for a few minutes to allow the flavors to really blend together.
A classic dish from the Valencia region of Spain, paella is perfect for parties. Originally it contained vegetables, meat and snails, and was cooked slowly over glowing embers. Now there are many versions; seafood paella is perhaps the most popular, but all display the distinctive color of saffron. If you prefer, you can peel the tomatoes before dicing them. Plunge the tomatoes into a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to chill, then peel off skins.
Excerpted from The Best 30-Minute Vegetarian Recipes by Marie-Claude Morin. Photographs copyright © 2009 Headlight, Text © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.
Please stop by Robert Rose, Inc. and check out all their books!
HERE’S HOW TO WIN…
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will be DELETED! Please visit Robert Rose, Inc. look around then tell me another cookbook you would Love to own. (1 entry)
2. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies by Email and Confirm that Subscription (2 separate entries)
3. Subscribe to Leslie Loves Veggies in a Reader (1 entry)
4. Follow Leslie Loves Veggies with Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
5. Like Leslie Loves Veggies on Facebook (1 entry)
6. Follow ME on Twitter (1 entry)
7. Follow RobertRoseBooks on Twitter (1 entry)
8. Leave a Tweet and the direct link to that tweet (1 entry) You can do this Daily
9. Like Robert Rose Books on Facebook (1 entry)
10. Sign up to receive the Robert Rose Newsletter (2 separate entries)
11. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
12. Add my button to your sidebar (if it’s already there, let me know that! Leave link to your blog.) (2 separate entries)
13. Add Leslie Loves Veggies to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Easy Peasy Right! For full list of rules please click HERE. Giveaway will end on Friday 9/2. Giveaway open to U.S. & Canadian entries only. Winners are contacted by email and posted HERE when confirmed. Winners have 48 hours to confirm before a new Winner is chosen. Many thanks to Robert Rose Inc. for this Review and Giveaway Opportunity!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Robert Rose Inc. provided a product or sample for this Review & Giveaway. This Giveaway is brought to you by Robert Rose Inc. and is no way connected to Facebook.