“Opa!” is a popular Greek term used to express excitement and cheer and in the Greek Culture food and family are celebrated daily! But balance is in the name of the game. The Greeks know that by participating in lots of outdoor activities and eating a healthy diet rich in veggies, grains, fish, dairy and olive oil that they’re not only eating right they’re getting activity and taking advantage of the natural beauty of their country!
Celebrity dancer Chelsie Hightower and a team of nutrition and culinary experts have partnered with Old London to help incorporate the spirit of Greek culture into your life with easy-to-manage health tips and recipes to support an overall healthy lifestyle.
Chelsie Hightower’s Healthy Living Tips
- Take your workouts outside. While a walk around your neighborhood might seem less exciting than a hike around Greek ruins, try to find something in your local outdoors that motivates and excites you. Explore a local park or a new neighborhood route to change up your fitness routine.
- Give yourself a break. We all need to recharge our batteries every once in a while. If you can’t take a vacation, plan a day or a weekend at home when you can have a little “me time” to just relax and do whatever makes you happy.
- Reach for healthy snacks. I keep smart snack options on hand to keep my energy up between meals like a handful of almonds, some Greek yogurt and honey or a few Old London Melba Snacks with hummus.
- Go dancing. In Greece, dancing is a large part of any celebration or gathering. I love going dancing with friends; not only do we have a great time but I also get a workout!
- Healthy Living = Happiness. You don’t have to wait for a special occasion to plan a get-together. Invite friends and family over just because! Ask guests to bring a dish, or set out appetizers like olives, cheese and Old London Melba Toast for everyone to enjoy. I’ve found being happy is a big step to staying healthy.
- Love yourself. People come in all shapes and sizes, and what works on others won’t necessary work for you. Being healthy is about how you feel. Stop comparing yourself to others and begin loving the person you are from head to toe.
Old London will send one lucky winner and a guest on an all-expense paid trip to the Greek Islands for a first-hand experience of the local culture, food and activities. Say Opa! to a better you by maintaining a healthy, balanced diet and participating in physical activities you love while enjoying the breathtaking views of the Greek Islands! Visit Old London on Facebook to get tips on living a healthy lifestyle and your chance to win.
8-day-7-night trip for two to Greece.¹ Prize includes the following:
- Round trip (coach class) air transportation from a major airport nearest the winner’s home address
- Seven nights (double occupancy) first class hotel accommodations in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini
- $2,000 gift card for spending money
Enter the Opa! To a Better You Sweepstakes now through June 12, 2012. Good luck!
I was Blessed to receive a few boxes of Old London Products for review courtesy of my friends at Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Old London.
They arrived at the perfect time. This past weekend was my nephew’s birthday and I had a house full of people over to celebrate! The weather was great and we had a blast! Hubby grilled but instead of the usual chips I served Old London Rosemary & Olive Oil Melba Toast, Garlic & Herb Bagel Chips and Sea Salt Melba Snacks. Old London Snacks are fabulous right out of the box or serve with your favorite dips, spreads and toppings.
Hubby loves the Melba Toast topped with salsa. I love the crunchy Bagel Chips topped with hummus or a piece of cheese. They make a tasty snack and they’re great with a bowl of soup or a salad for lunch.
Because it was so hot I wanted to keep the foods a little lighter than usual. Old London has some terrific recipes on their website and Facebook page. I make a great potato salad but it’s a little heavy so when I found the recipe below for Egg, Potato, and Garlic Puree Appetizer I knew it would be a huge it. I made a few changes to the recipe and it was absolutely incredible. Try it and let me know what you think. It’s a delicious dip, spread and appetizer and it tastes fabulous on Old London Snacks.
- 1 box Old London Sesame Melba Toast or Old London Sea Salt Bagel Chips
- 3 Eggs, hard boiled (I used 2 eggs)
- 1 Medium yukon gold potato, peeled, diced and boiled (reserve ½ cooking liquid) (I used 2 medium potatoes)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil (I only used about ¼ of olive oil)
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice (I used fresh squeezed!)
- 1 bunch Parsley, chopped (I used dill instead of parsley because that’s what we like)
- Salt, to taste (and I added some fresh cracked pepper because I like my food highly seasoned)
Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and begin blending. Slowly add the olive oil until the puree becomes smooth. Add more water as necessary to continue blending.
Remove puree from blender and season with salt and lemon juice. Top with chopped parsley and serve with Sesame Melba Toast or Sea Salt Bagel Chips. Tip from Leslie: Boil potatoes and eggs together. So easy!
Old London Melba Toast, Snacks and Bagel Chips are available at a Suggested Retail Price of $2.80-$2.99 and can be found at grocery stores and retail chains nationwide.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Old London. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate
¹Approximate retail value $9,500. Grand Prize winner may select a cash option of $5,000 in lieu of the travel prize.