My girls are almost 22 and 26 but My Little Guy is just approaching the age of 3. Computers were just becoming a household phenomenon when my girls were entering elementary school. My Dad insisted on purchasing a computer for my home because he said that when the girls became adults society would be dependent on computers. I fought him tooth and nail because I didn’t even know how to plug that desktop computer into the wall. I learned and fast because my girls even at the age of 4 and 9 were more far advanced in their computer knowledge than I was. Things have changed and My Little Guy has the world at his fingertips thanks to VTech!
I was Blessed to receive a VTech MobiGo 2 courtesy of my friends at Mom Central on behalf of VTech for review.
VTech makes age appropriate electronic learning products that grow with your child. Some electronic toys and devices cater to one age group. The beauty of all of VTech’s products is that they span a large age range. The MobiGo 2 is ideal for children 3-8. With more than 100 cartridges and downloadable apps, which are purchased separately, this product is going to keep My Little Guy engaged and interested for years to come!
My Little Guy recently came to live with us. I’ve been buying him toys and products that will enrich his mind and help him to develop all of his basic learning skills. The MobiGo 2 is the perfect on-the-go touch learning system! When our MobiGo 2 box arrived the baby and I were both excited to open that box and get started playing! I was happy to learn that 3 free downloads were included! Woot! Lots of fun accessories are available and sold separately.
For learning on-the go I recommended the handheld VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System
The MobiGo 2 has a lot of great features that allow My Little Guy to play and learn independently which keeps him occupied in the car, when we’re at appointments and when we’re out and about.
MobiGo 2 Features
- Motion Games – My Little Guy intuitively knows to tilt the MobiGo 2 to control games which we downloaded and cartridges we’ve purchased. This is wonderful for his fine motor development and it’s tons of fun! The motion sensor provides a dimension of play that most learning systems just don’t have.
- Touch Learning Screen – Because My Little Guy has been using an iPad he understand the concept of drag, drop and tap. The color-rich graphics on the MobiGo 2 are visually appealing and keep him interested and motivated to learn!
- Keyboard Games – My Little Guy is learning to spell and already knows the alphabet. QWERTY keyboard helps kids become familiar with a keyboard layout. With so many downloadable apps and games to choose from, learning to read and write is just a matter of time!
- Sound Activated Games – This is the baby’s favorite feature! The built in microphone provides lots of laughs! Blow into the microphone to move objects, blow off dust, or see special effects. You can speak into the microphone to give commands too. You must be quite close to the microphone or it will not activate, just a little tip.
- Download Apps – The MobiGo 2 comes with a Learning Lodge Navigator™ Installation CD. Downloading to my computer was easy. The hard part was deciding which 3 free downloads we wanted. The Learning Lodge Navigator is successfully installed on my computer desktop. I can log on anytime, purchase games or apps for the MobiGo 2 or other VTech devices which are very reasonably priced and check the progress log which shows me how My Little Guy is doing academically. More than 80 other apps are available for download at the VTech Learning Lodge Navigator™ at www.vtechkids.com/download/. While there, join Club VTech for added discounts
- Photo Viewer – Tag photos, apply fun effects with microphone and add special effects.
- E-Reader – E-books sold separately. Can’t wait to download a few!
- Sound-activated Games and Cartridges utilize motion control play. The cartridges are fun to play, age appropriate and I’ve already purchased a few.
- Creative Games – Another of My Little Guy’s favorites! He loves to color, draw and create beautiful artwork on the MobiGo 2.
My Little Guy is almost 3 so he is at the young end of the age range for the MobiGo 2 and he loves it. The size is perfect for slipping in my purse or diaper bag and I always have it handy now when My Little Guy gets antsy or bored when we’re out and about. Meals out are super pleasant now. If the baby finishes before we do and he becomes bored I simply hand him his MobiGo 2 and he’s super excited to play his favorite games!
If I get stuck in traffic and I sense a melt down about to happen I simply hand over the MobiGo 2 and let the learning begin! You see, My Little Guy is one smart cookie and he gets bored when he has nothing to do. The MobiGo 2 keeps his mind active and his little fingers busy when we’re on-the-go.
The MobiGo 2 can be purchased at these retailers for a suggested retail price of $59.99
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for VTech. I received product samples to facilitate my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.