For the Best Selection in Tiles Visit Floor and Decor
I moved from New York to Georgia back in 1998 and dreamed of having a home with a big, beautiful kitchen! I’m the first to admit, I had blinders on! We had that horrid linoleum floor ripped out and a beautiful tile floor installed. Of course back then we were on a tight budget and shopped at our local superstore. All in all we didn’t do too badly.
Fast forward a year or two. The blinders came off and I started to see the master bathroom’s tile floor for what it was, U-G-L-Y! It’s 2012 and I’m ready to do-over that bath. I’m still on a strict budget, but my brother-in-law is a master carpenter who knows how to do every construction job under the sun and this time around I’m shopping at Floor and Decor because they have the best selection in tiles!
Now that I’m older and wiser I know what I want and don’t want! Since we’ve been in the house 14 years I’m dying to make-over the whole master bathroom so low price flooring isn’t an option, it’s a necessity. Back in the day I was obsessed with white. I thought it made the house look clean and fresh. I’m over that. White is too hard to keep clean, shows every speck of dirt and lacks pizzazz!
I’m looking for a floor tile that makes a bold statement, won’t show the dirt and will take the wear and tear of traffic going in and out of my bathroom. I’m leaning toward the Domasco Verde Ceramic Tile, which cleans up easily with a damp sponge. And this time around I’ll be smart and go for the dark grout! Floor and Decor has a huge variety of grout colors to choose from! I lost count after 50! hehehe
Home renovations are fun and exciting but for a neat freak like me they can be overwhelming. Here are a few of my tips for staying sane while fixin’ up the old homestead!
- Stay organized! Get a notebook with a pocket and write down everything and keep those receipts!
- Discuss, Discuss, Discuss! Hubby the Hubster and I are pretty compatible but his idea of an affordable, green floor tile and my idea of an affordable floor tile don’t seem to jive. Be sure you and your partner are on the same page!
- Make a budget and stick to it!
- My brother-in-law says “ya gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet.” Be prepared for the mess and deal with it. When he’s working at my house, Mark brings over a huge roll of paper that he spreads out over my beige carpets because he knows that’s my one ‘bone of contention’.
- Delivery – Bring the stuff home yourself if at all possible! Save yourself delivery costs!
- Last but not least, don’t be afraid of color, it’s a beautiful thing!
Floor and Decor is an affordable option for renovations
Whether you’re a seasoned pro at DIY projects around the house or newbie with your first home project in mind, Floor and Decor products enables you to completely change-up the look of a room. Floor and Decor has a huge selection of porcelain, ceramic, stone, tile, wood and laminate flooring and more! And they carry every thing you need to get the job done! From tools, grout, decorative and related accessories, Floor and Decor stocks it all!
To locate a Floor and Decor in your neighborhood please click HERE.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Floor and Decor. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.