I visited a restaurant recently and paid an arm and a leg for a delicious, chopped dinner salad. I knew I could recreate that salad at home and that’s exactly what I did. I served this incredibly healthy and scrumptious salad on New Year’s Day and one of my guests commented that they’d had a similar salad at their favorite restaurant!
I use Cabot Cheddar Cheese in this salad. The Premium White Oak Cheddar lends a creamy texture and sweet flavor other brands just don’t have!
Leslie Loves Veggies Chopped Vegetable Dinner Salad
- Romaine lettuce
- Spinach leaves
- 1 Cup grape tomatoes
- ½ Can beets, chopped
- ½ Can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- Roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 medium Apple, peeled & chopped
- 6 or 7 Green olives sliced or chopped
- 1 Medium green, yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, seeded & chopped
- 4-6 oz. Cabot Premium White Oak Cheddar, diced
- Wonderful Almond Accents, Sweet Roasted Pomegranate, ¼ of bag
- 1 packet of Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Prepare dressing as directed on package. Be sure to use really good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Wash and dry all vegetables and the apple.
- Place Romaine, spinach, all of the veggies and the chopped apple in a large salad bowl.
- Top with 4-6 oz. of diced Cabot Premium White Oak Cheddar. Sprinkle with Sweet Roasted Pomegranate Wonderful Almond Accents, top with prepared dressing, serve and enjoy!